Dad if you are out there reading this… this one is for you.
For those of you who do not know this, my dad orderes eggs Benedict’s in every restaurant he goes do. Well, at least on the condition that the hollandaise sauce is homemade. I think he thinks of himself to be somewhat of a connoisseur and I am inclined to agree.
National Eggs Benedict Day
Five Variations of Eggs Benedict
- Eggs Blackstone substitutes streaky bacon for the ham and adds a tomato slice.
- Huevos Benedict substitutes avocado for the ham, and is topped with both salsa and hollandaise sauce.
- Eggs Sardou substitutes artichoke bottoms and crossed anchovy fillets for the English muffin and ham, then tops the hollandaise sauce with chopped ham and a truffle slice. The dish was created at Antoine’s Restaurant in New Orleans in honor of the French playwright Victorien Sardou. A more widespread version of the dish starts with a base of creamed spinach, substitutes artichoke bottoms for the English muffin, and eliminates the ham.
- Portobello Benedict substitutes Portobello mushrooms for the ham, and is a popular alternative for Catholics observing the Friday Fast.
- Eggs Provençal replaces the Hollandaise sauce with Béarnaise Sauce.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1521 Martin Luther arrived at the Diet…
View original post 208 more words