¡Hola y Bienvenidos!
Hello and welcome!
Let me open with a truth. Studying abroad is scary, it is terrifying, it is mind blowing, and it is, to date, one of the best decisions I have ever made. This is my story.
Where I am from:
– The great twin cities, Saint Paul, MN. Love it or leave it.
Where I go to school and what the heck I am doing there:
– The University of Iowa, in Iowa city, Iowa. (creative name right?!) Studying Spanish and Economics.
– for more reasons than I can count, but mostly because it is a small program intensive program which allows me to both complete and internship AND take regular university courses. Here are ten additional reasons why I love CIEE in Palma de Mallorca.
Why Blog about it?
- Remembrance: It is often said of me that I could loose my wallet in my pocket or my glasses on my face (I’ve done both) so this is my way to remember all of the things I want to do and hopefully all of the things that I will do and all the things I have done.
- Family: I have many families, large and small, given to me and chosen, however most of them share something in common, an interest in keeping in touch. Hopefully this will help me touch many people at the same time.
- To Help: I did a lot of research when I looked into studying abroad and I found that the number of study abroad blogs out there astonishing. However, the program in Palma I will be studying with is tiny, so I found only one blog about the island. I want to share that unique experience with future students.